It is a known fact that children perform better in school when their parents are actively involved in their education. Parents play a critical role, both academically and in the development of the dispositions of a good student. There are many ways you can be involved with your child’s school and become an active participant in their learning. Here are a few ways you may become involved:
- Forge a relationship with the teacher; you have a great deal of information
about your child that will facilitate in their instruction
- Talk to your child about school events and read school newsletters
- Try to visit the school and take part in classroom events; if it is not possible due to your work schedule, ask the teacher what you could contribute from home (getting materials ready, making phone calls to other families, etc.)
- Meet with school personnel as needed, if questions or concerns arise
- Attend school academic and social events, as often as possible
- Get to know your PTA
- Your interest and involvement now play a key role in their future success!
Click here to view the latest Volunteering information.